Wednesday, January 18, 2012

story

here a story from my mission , i was board , and i should have been doing HW insteed but decide to write this while it was fresh on my mind 
The song that clam the baby
When I was servering my mission in the spring of 2008 . I was serving in a small town of Bremen GA, my compation and I went to vist  at that time a part member family . we arrived early and seeing we had time a referral they have given us . The person wasn’t home so we decide to do some more tracking . All of sudden it started to pour down rain and we run back to our car. Soak and Wet . The other sister made some calls , then we went to the part member family house , to help them with something . They had just recently had a beautiful baby girl who was less than a month old at the time . The baby girl started to cry . and cry for and hour and or so. The mother tried feeding her , she didn’t want to eat ,  the mother took off her cothers because the power went off , and it was little hot , to see if that will help her , but she still cried . My complain even tried rocking her car seat , when she in it , but she still cried . The father was getting frushed and so was the mom because their daughter wouln’t stop crying .  We all about to for dinner , and I was sitting next to her my complain was in the kicten helping the mother with sometiming and the father was getting something in the hallway . all of sudden I  Herd the sprit whisper to me “ sing to her” so gently and softy I sang to her  “ I am like a star shing brighty smiling for the world to see I can do and say happy things each day for I know heavenly father loves me . That simplay primary song . claim her down . and she stop crying , I felt the love that heavenly father had for this little girl . and wanted to claim her down . because he loved her . I begain to sing her other primary song , such as I feel my savior love , I am a child of child her father joined in also . then we went to the restaurant and on the way their and back to their house I sang to her . and she not once cry . but had a clam peace ful look .  On the way back home with my complain I  relize how powerful we the message in the primary song book , and that a simply on line song would tell a little baby girl that God loves her . 

1 comment:

Clint C. said...

Brittny, This story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing it! You have a simple and profound faith and you are able to bless others with it. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to bless others through your mission.